Sunday, April 5, 2009

Printing Green

Well... I'm sort of bummed. I was really hoping I could print my own business cards and things for ETH, and was looking for some more Eco-friendly ways of doing so. I was even thinking how great it would be if all of my packing slips and shipping papers could be on recycled paper, and if they made inks & paper suitable for Prints (as mentioned in my previous post), and was getting really excited about this whole idea... But after searching around all over the net for the past hour and a half, I have discovered.....

They don't make soy-based ink cartridges for home-use yet. Bah. I could probably find a printer to do my business cards on recycled paper with soy-ink, but it would cost me a lot more.

I hope the industry catches up soon, because I want to be able to use it! Petroleum-based ink sucks, not to mention the fact that soy-based has much brighter colors!

In other news... I now have a Flickr! http://www.flickr.com/photos/earthtreesandheather/

I took a whole bunch of pictures yesterday in a huge flurry of inspiration, and decided I should probably set up a separate account specifically for things connected to ETH. I'm thinking of taking a small sampling and testing how they look as Prints (even in despite my disappointment about printing in general). They'll probably need a little retouching, I'd like at least a couple in black & white, and we'll see how it goes!

1 comment:

David said...

Your desire to be green is admirable but I hope you will not let it stop you from going forward. Being conscious about it is important, and always striving toward that goal is key.

I very much like your photographs, I knew you had a good eye, but I am floored by the composition and simplicity of your pictures. I really, really like them. Exquisite.

Finally, I spent some time browsing around your Etsy store and am equally impressed. I took the liberty of putting a little promo in my side bar. I don't know how much traffic it might stir toward you but it can't hurt, if you don't mind be being associated with a dirty old curmudgeon.

You work is lovely, keep it up.

David