Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Hope Floats

I want to take a break from the sequence of reviewing and reflection, to talk about something I just found yesterday.

For a while now, I've been wanting to set up my own studio that I could control myself, that I would have access to whenever I wanted, as opposed to relying on school or a public studio that is only open during certain hours. But I was pretty much resigned to the fact that it would probably be a while before I had the funds to do that, since it requires a lot of large machinery. I had done some looking online at different wheels and done some pricing on kilns a while back, but it looked pretty expensive.

However, in browsing around Craigslist (which is an awesome resource, by the way), I found not one, but TWO listings for used pottery wheels! One even listed the possibility of some kilns for sale as well. I am a little short on cash at the moment, but I think at around $350 - 500 for a wheel, that's not something I can really afford to pass up, even if I have to store it in the garage for a little while.

I'm hopeful!

No comments: